Thursday, January 10, 2008

Trent Reznor

This pic almost gave me a minor heart attack.
I came across it as I was searching for some photos of the new buffed Trent Reznor.

It turned out to be a photoshopped joke. But I was astounded by how devastated I would have been if it were real. I would have felt that my world had changed in some significant way, as though one of the last few people I still trusted had let me down.

Silly, I know. We shouldn't give strangers so much control over our lives. But I wonder if I do this because there are so few people in my actual life whom I think measure up to a certain standard of integrity and intelligence, so I project these on artists.

Because I'm unlikely to ever actually know them, they'll never actually disappoint me. I can continue to imagine they're something they're probably not.

No comments: